A classic cookie recipe for the holidays. Filled with flavours of molasses with a crunchy exterior and chewy interior, this cookie is a crowd pleaser.
Makes 4-5 dozen cookies
4 1/2 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of ginger
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cloves
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cup of shortening
2 cups of sugar (icing or granulated can be used)
1/2 cup of molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together shortening and sugar.
3. Add eggs and molasses.
4. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients.
5. Roll into balls and then roll into sugar.
6. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes in a preheated oven.