Updated: Dec 27, 2021
If you’re hosting a get together for New Year’s eve or taking it easy, we have all your appetizers covered. Everyone loves delicious, small items where they can try a little bit of everything. Here are some appetizers to try out for your next get together.
A classic dinner party recipe that is so easy to make. They can be prepped ahead of time and baked when you’re ready.
Makes 8 servings
1 1/2 pounds of baby mushrooms
2 tablespoons of butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup of Parmesan plus more for topping, grated
4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon of thyme, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms and shop stems. Place mushroom caps onto baking sheet.
3. Over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped mushrooms stems and cook until most of the moisture is out, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute then add breadcrumbs and let toast slightly, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. 4. In a large bowl, mix together mushroom stems mixture, Parmesan, cream cheese, parsley and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Fill mushroom caps with mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan.
6. Bake until mushrooms are soft and top is golden, about 20 minutes.
7. Garnish with parsley to serve.
A sweet and savoury appetizer that will have your guests impressed. This baked Brie is stuffed with Brie and rasberry jam and then wrapped in puff pastry.
1 pillsbury crescent roll package
1 Brie cheese wheel
1/3 cup of raspberry jam
1 egg mixed with one tablespoon of water (egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray cooking tray with cooking spray.
2. Place half of crescent dough onto cooking tray.
3. Place brie onto crescent roll.
4. Add raspberry jam onto to brie. Spread evenly.
5. Wrap second half of crescent dough over top of brie and mold crescent dough around the Brie.
6. Brush on the egg wash mixture.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
A healthy and delicious option to serve at your next get together. With only two steps and no cook time, this recipe is a quick and easy way to bring Italian flavours into your menu.
Makes 12 servings
Skewers, shop here.
24 cherry tomatoes
24 bocconcini balls
12 fresh basil leaves
Olive oil, for drizzling
Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
1. Thread 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 bocconcini balls, 2 halves of a basil leaf onto a skewer. Repeat to make the remaining skewers.
2. Arrange the skewers on a platter and drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic glaze.
3. Serve chilled or at room temperature.