Updated: Jan 25
Bake some loaves of this delicious zucchini bread for an easy and freezer friendly recipe. It is filled with flavours of a variety of spices and just enough sweetness.
You can swap out the zucchini for a different type of vegetable or even make it sweeter by using fruit instead.
3 cups of zucchini, shredded
1 2/3 cups of sugar
2/3 cups of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of nuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup of raisins, if desired
1. Move oven rack to low position and heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease the bottom of 2 8x4 loaf pans or 1 9x5 loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and raisins.
4. Pour batter into loaf pan.
5. If using 2 8x4 loaf pans, cook for 50 to 60 minutes. If using 1 9x5 loaf pan, cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check if cooked by inserting tooth pick in centre and it comes out clean.
6. Loosen sides of loaves from pans and remove from pans and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
7. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Source: Betty Crocker