A side dish that is tasty and full of nutrients. Spinach always has a bad reputation of not tasting so great, but trust me this recipe will change your mind. With flavours of fried onion, garlic and lemon, this spinach salad is quick to whip up and flavourful.
20 ounces of fresh spinach
1/2 cup of water
1 large onion
1/4 cup of vegetable oil for frying
lemon wedges for garnish
1 large garlic clove
1 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1. Remove stems from spinach, wash several times and drain.
2. Place spinach in a large pot with water and steam for about 5 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water. Lightly squeeze spinach to remove excess water.
4. For the dressing, mash garlic in a bowl with salt. Add oil and lemon juice and mix well. 5. Pour over spinach, tossing lightly to coat all leaves.
6. Fry onions in hot oil until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
7. Arrange spinach on a platter and garnish with fried onions and lemon wedges.