This holiday season can super busy. I quickly realized that I’ve neglected my body in this whole process. Shame on me, I should know better. Our bodies are just as important as our faces because they take an incredible beating everyday. Let’s be honest, all those extra hot showers, cheap bar soaps, and scented laundry detergents can really be terrible for our skin. So, today is the day to pamper your body ladies and here are two great DIY scrub recipes to use.
Energizing Coffee Scrub
2 cups coarse ground coffee
1/2 cup raw sugar (preferably non processed)
3 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. 2. Take a nice warm bath or shower to open the pores and hydrate the skin.
3. Rub the mixture in small handfuls into your skin and, when fully covered, rinse off in the shower.
4. Apply a moisturizer when complete.
*Coffee is known for its tightening and rejuvenating properties so you’ll notice a major difference in the texture and feel once done.*
Citrus Salt Glow
1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup sweet almond oil or coconut oil
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest (I also like to combine lime as well)
1. Combine all ingredients together being extra careful not to get any water in the mixture. (This will dissolve the salt). 2. Place in a tupperware container with a sealed lid until ready to use.
3. Before showering, swirl your finger in the mixture to mix the items and apply to the body in firm scrubbing motions.
4. Rinse off in the shower when fully covered.
*Sea salts bring an amazing glow to dull and dry skin.*
Take some time out from your busy day and pamper your skin. You know you want to….