With its tangy and sweet flavours, cranberry sauce is a must during the holidays. Whether you love to lather it on your turkey, or leave it as an option for your guests, this recipe is simple, delicious and only requires 4 ingredients.
12 ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup of brown sugar
1 strip of orange or lemon zest
2 tablespoons of water
1. Add cranberries to a sauce pan and keep aside 1/2 cup of cranberries.
2. Add sugar, zest and water to the saucepan and cook over low heat.
3. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, approximately 10 minutes.
4. Put the heat up to medium and cook until cranberries burst, approximately 12 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low and stir in the bowl of cranberries.
6. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cool to room temperature before serving.